"Hold fast, hold fast," illustrated by Tony Millionaire

More Millionaire at http://www.maakies.com/



How can I save the pieces
when more pieces keep falling
off? Times like these, I’m a sea-
eaten clipper in a squall.
Hatten down the batches! Please,

sea, see me to safe landfall.
Ropes and rivets rattle, drop
off to dissolve on the calm
floor. Why shouldn’t this whole ship
of self descend into peace?

Then all my pieces could sleep
where they rest, in one black bed
where slow, deep monsters would keep
me together, finally rid
of this wearing need to sail…

Yet when the ocean goes dead,
I don’t look down, but ahead.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Play Categories, a fun creative-juicy word game (and you could win a prize)!

Play Categories for prizes! Game ON: Round 3

Play Categories for prizes - Round 2